My foods at a glanceDownload My Foods at a Glance
Free-range, grass-fed, organically grown animal protein; non-GMO, organic plant protein; and wild-caught, low-mercury fish preferred.
- Cheese (hard)–½ oz
- Cheese (soft)–1 oz
- Cottage cheese–¼ c
- Parmesan cheese–2 T
- Ricotta cheese–¼ c
- Egg–1oz; or 2 egg whites
- Fish, Omega-3 rich: Alaskan salmon, cod, halibut, herring, Atlantic mackerel, sardines, shrimp, tuna, etc.–1oz
- Meat: Beef, buffalo, elk, lamb, venison, other wild game–1 oz
- Poultry (skinless): Chicken, Cornish hen, duck, pheasant, turkey, etc.–1 oz
- Spirulina–2 T
- Tempeh–1 oz
- Tofu (firm/extra firm)–1½-2 oz
- Tofu (soft/silken)–3 oz
- Check label for # grams/scoop (1 protein serving = 7 g protein) Egg, hemp, pea, rice, soy, whey protein
1 serving as listed = 35–75 calories, 5–7 g protein, 3–5 g fat, 0–4 g carbs Average protein serving is 3–4 oz (size of palm of hand).
*Items in red indicate preferred therapeutic foods
Notes: Nutritional amounts are based on average values for the variety of foods within each food category. Dietary prescription is subject to the discretion of the health practitioner.